Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Because It's Tuesday!

The question is: What is a good reason to write a blog?

I'm sitting here on my bed trying to think of something to write while David reads to me. I have no idea what he is reading but I'm happy he is choosing to read!

The smoke detector is *beep*ing. It is annoying but I do not want to get on a ladder to fix it. My husband will be home soon and he will replace the batteries but until then the smoke detector will *beep* and I will fume.

I went to the eye doctor today for a check up and to get an updated prescription. While I waited to be seen I started thinking about my mom. Because of Mom's ocular melanoma I know that I must get periodic scans to look for skin abnormalities. So why not have my eyes checked, too?

I told the doctor about my mom and she said I should do the full comprehensive exam. And she found a lesion on my left eye. And she wants to see me again in six months. It's probably nothing to worry about but with my family history it's worth keeping an eye on (pun intended).

Yesterday Megan and I had a "girl day". We started with Jazzercise then we went to the beauty supply store. Megan chose some purple and teal hair colors for us and when we got home we dyed. The rest of the day was filled with lunch, ear piercing and shopping. It was a fun day for both mother and daughter.

Best of all there has been no barfing in the Fellows household since the wee hours of Monday morning. Tuesdays ROCK!

No comments: