Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Seriously, God?!

I know that my God is loving, jealous, mighty and powerful, just, omniscient and omnipotent. No where in Scripture have I ever read that He is funny so I have to believe that He is not playing some big colossal joke on my family and me.

Not that I doubt God has a sense of humor, but I don't think it is malicious. Neither do I think He is making bad things happen to us to get us to turn to Him. That would make Him manipulative. Not His style.

So why do bad things happen to good, God-fearing folks like us? Perhaps someone else did something bad that had a ripple effect which finally reached us. Or maybe we made bad choices, the affects of which have finally caught up with us.

You mean I need to take ownership of my behaviour? No thanks!

Okay, fine. So now what?

I suppose this is just another opportunity to be reminded that God is in control and if I can be His living billboard by showing grace through adversity then I will do my best. I talk a good game of relying on Him for all my needs but that gets to be a little more difficult when the funds are running low.

Now, just because I start looking for alternative sources of income doesn't mean I'm not trusting Him. Maybe I just need to be a better steward of the funds we do have. Prioritize! Hmmm, I thought I was doing that but I suppose there's always room for improvement.

Wait. That is what I must learn to do. His timing is always perfect. I'll just hurry up and wait.

No comments: