Friday, March 11, 2011

AAAAAAUUUUUUUGHHH!!!!!

That is how I feel when people are too close-minded to consider adoption as a reasonable option for unplanned pregnancy.

No amount of education has done a thing to lower the teen pregnancy rates as far as I can see. So instead of pushing the subsidized abortions or counseling about how to apply for welfare why aren't people being encouraged to place babies for adoption?

I speak from the vantage point of someone who has placed a child for adoption. While in the process I was advised that I could change my mind and apply for welfare and low-income housing. At the time I was being housed in a Catholic-run maternity home "for wayward girls." I was actually being encouraged to keep my baby with no means of support except to go on welfare! WHILE I was trying to choose a couple to adopt my baby!!!

I am honored to be adopted by God. My own birth-son thanked me for not killing him.
Adoption is not a dirty word, people!! It is a gift.

No comments: