Saturday, March 12, 2011

It seems I must continue to clarify.....

Apparently I am wrong in saying that teen pregnancy rates have not gone down. According to this information, which I admit I have not checked against any other sources, the rates have gone down as of 2005. I admit that I have nothing else to back up my statement so I apologize for any misinformation. But I did say "No amount of education has done a thing to lower the teen pregnancy rates as far as I can see." From my vantage point things aren't looking any better.

The ONLY thing that will eradicate teen pregnancy is 100% abstinence. I may be naive to hope for this but that doesn't stop me from wanting it for my children and that is what I am going to encourage them to choose for themselves. I am educating them in this direction because it is my job and I am not going to pass it off to Planned Parenthood or the local free clinic or even government schools.

I am still meeting opposition to the adoption option. I assume that those who disagree with me have not struggled to have children or found out they were infertile. Since unplanned pregnancies will continue to happen, regardless of all the education and free birth control that is out there, then adoption needs to be put on the table and seriously considered.

There was a time I was taken aback to hear that someone had had an abortion. Now whenever I learn that someone has chosen abortion I cry for that life cut short but I am not surprised.
Now I am more shocked to hear that someone has placed her baby for adoption but I rejoice! I pray for that mother because I know she has a long road ahead; a road of grief and pain and eventually self-forgiveness. There may even be a reunion when she will hear her child say "Thank you for not killing me."

No comments: