Monday, December 15, 2008

It's Good to Be the Queen!

In my home, at least, I am the queen.

My home is not a castle by society's standards but it is regal and plush to those with less. I sometimes feel ostentatious when new people come to my home.

When I exit my royal bed chamber my loyal subjects rush to dote on me. As I ascend the staircase I point out toys and clothes strewn about and these same loyal subjects rush to put things in their places. My kingdom is seldom neat but always homey.

Occasionally I rule with an iron fist and the subjects feel less than loyal. They revolt and chaos erupts. At these times I must retire to a quiet place, a difficult task to be sure. Then I breathe and pray for strength to rule justly and lovingly.

Without my subjects I would be just another commoner. When I exit my castle into the world outside I still feel like royalty even though everyone else out there sees just another human being. Perhaps a little happier and more self-confident, even with a certain glow about me. That glow comes from inside. In my heart I know that I am a queen in my castle and that God has bestowed these blessings on me. I know that I (and all my fellow human beings) am worthy of His love because we are all created in His image.

I love my loyal subjects, actually the princes and princesses in my kingdom. I love my lord and husband. He would be my king but I have only one King, my Creator and Savior. I love Him, too.


No comments: