Sunday, February 9, 2014

How Do I Love Thee?

Winter.
I love this time of year.  The crispness of fall has turned into the chill of winter.  The colors of autumn have given way to bare branches.  Like watching a baby sleep, it is calming to see the earth in this state of rest.

Snow.
I love the way it makes the world look like a fresh, clean slate, blanketed in silence.  Watching the seemingly weightless flakes fall gently to the ground, or being swept up by the wind, swirling like a magical flourish.  It gives me a feeling of peace and serenity.

Oregon.
God has blessed us with this beautiful country.  So much of Oregon is untouched by man's development.  We get to enjoy the coast, rivers, waterfalls, and mountains.  The fresh food brought forth from the land.  I love this place we get to call home.

No comments: